Paid Social Media Overview
Each and every social media platform has its own culture, benefits and means for you to reach your target audience. If you act “weird”, you simply won’t fit in.
Instagram is all about visual-based content, Facebook encourages storytelling, has its own marketplace and offers retargeting firms, and LinkedIn is the home of networking professionals – but you shouldn’t share photos of food or cats on LinkedIn. Then there’s Snapchat and new kid on the block, TikTok.
Paid social media also is totally different on each platform. Where are your audience? How do they expect to be communicated with? This will also dictate your campaign objectives and audiences.
Let’s explore strategies and approaches to leverage paid social media campaigns to grow your business in line with your digital marketing strategy.
Click through the tabs to learn more about each major social media advertising platform.
Facebook Advertising Campaigns
With over 1.4 billion daily users Facebook offers the widest reach of all social media platforms. Facebook is an excellent platform to generate brand awareness.
In order to penetrate the densely populated platform, you need custom-made ads which can target specific demographics. By creating effective campaigns we can help your business to engage with your target audience.
Define your Facebook campaign objectives
Facebook offers 11 marketing objectives based on what you want your ad to accomplish. Here’s how they align with business goals:
- Brand awareness: Introduce your brand to a new audience.
- Reach: Expose your ad to as many people in your audience as possible.
- Traffic: Drive traffic to a specific web page, app, or Facebook Messenger conversation.
- Engagement: Reach a wide audience to increase the number of post engagements or Page Likes, increase attendance at your event, or encourage people to claim a special offer.
- App installs: Get people to install your app.
- Video views: Get more people to watch your videos.
- Lead generation: Get new prospects into your sales funnel.
- Messages: Encourage people to contact your business using Facebook Messenger.
- Conversions: Get people to take a specific action on your website (like subscribe to your list or buy your product), with your app, or in Facebook Messenger.
- Catalog sales: Connect your Facebook ads to your product catalog to show people ads for the products they are most likely to want to buy.
- Store traffic: Drive nearby customers to bricks-and-mortar stores.
Choose your Facebook ad placements
When you select this option, Facebook will automatically place your ads across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and the Audience Network when they are likely to get the best results.
Once you have more experience, you may wish to place your Facebook ads in specific locations. You have the following options:
- Device type: Mobile, desktop, or both.
- Platform: Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, or Messenger
- Placements: Feeds, Stories, in-stream (for videos), messages, in-article, and apps and sites (external to Facebook).
- Specific mobile devices and operating systems: iOS, Android, feature phones, or all devices.
Facebook conversion tracking
The Facebook pixel allows you to see how people interact with your website after viewing your Facebook ad.
You can even track customers across their devices. This lets you see if people tend to see your ads on mobile but switch to a desktop before buying. Or, maybe it’s the other way around. This information can help you refine your ad strategy and calculate your return on investment.
Use Facebook retargeting
Facebook retargeting pixel data and dynamic ads allow you to show targeted ads to people who have already visited your site. You can choose to get really granular here. For example, you can show people an ad for the exact product that they abandoned in a shopping cart or added to a wishlist on your website.
Create lookalike audiences
Facebook can use its targeting data to help you build a lookalike audience of people who have similar likes, interests, and demographics to people who are already interacting with your website. This can help expand your potential customer base.
Optimize Facebook ads for conversions
You can use Facebook tracking pixel data to optimize your Facebook ads for specific conversion events on your website. Without a pixel, the only conversion you can optimize for is link clicks. With the pixel, you can optimize for conversions that align more closely with business goals, like purchases and sign-ups.
Linkedin is the ideal platform for B2B marketing. The platform offers the ability to target an audience by their job, not just their demographics. 4 out of 5 people on LinkedIn drive business decisions, as a result LinkedIn offers huge potential for lead generation.
In order to create effective LinkedIn campaigns we create high-impact and professional ads to drive engagement – helping your brand to immediately make the right impression.
Instagram Ad Campaigns
The vast majority of Instagram’s user-base is teenagers. This makes it the ideal platform if your target audience mainly consists of millennials and younger generations.
The overwhelming majority of Instagram’s content is visual, therefore in order to create effective Instagram ads your brand needs to create visually stimulating and engaging content. Thanks to our expertise, we will drive engagement and help your brand to connect with your target audience through Instagram.
While Twitter has a smaller audience than other social media platforms, Twitter ads promise a more effective way to engage with your audience.
The smaller audience size allows ads to be tailor-made for specific audiences leading to better engagement. When using Twitter Ads, you pay for performance – this allows for much for efficient lead generation.
The digital landscape is quick to change. As a result it is important to stay ahead of the curve and seize new opportunities as they emerge. We are constantly on the look-out to find new ways to help our clients reach their audiences.
Whether it’s through programmatic display advertising or leveraging emerging platforms such as Tik Tok – identifying potential opportunities is key.
Houston, we need new customers!
We want YOU to book a free, no-obligation strategy call, so WE can share our insights with you on how to maximize your marketing efforts to generate more leads.
Are you ready to find new customers online? Get in touch with us and prepare for lift off! We anticipate great things ahead.